The attention of Northern leaders, including the NWC members from the North and 19 Northern state chairmen, have been drawn to the plan by some sponsored- elements to cause disaffection and disharmony in the party ahead of the 2021 Anambra State Governorship Election just to satisfy their inordinate personal and unconstitutional interests.
We are very much aware of the development and devious plans by some paid elements pretending to be leaders of the party to institute a legal suit against the leadership of the party in order create crisis as we approach the 2021 Anambra State Governorship Election.
We are also aware of the plot to drag the judiciary into disrepute in order to achieve their wicked plans, which is dead on arrival.
The Leaders said: We cannot allow ourselves to be used as agents of destabilization of the party we have laboured so hard to build.
The Northern Leaders passed a vote of confidence in the National Chairman, Ozonkpu Dr Victor Ike Oye-led National Working Committee (NWC) and all other organs of the party.
The Northern Leaders also express satisfaction with the leadership of Dr. Oye and adding that Oye has done very well in the administration of the party affairs and therefore, deserves the northern support, commitment, loyalty and allegiance as the National Chairman of APGA.
The Northern Leaders described the National Chairman, Ozonkpu Dr. Victor Ike Oye as a blessing and the most visionary and successful National Chairman in the political history of the federation and outlined some of his achievements within the past five(5) years to include winning elections in the North and purchasing and equipping a permanent national Secretariat in Abuja.
We, the Northern Leaders, therefore, call on and advise those planning to mislead, disorganise and destabilize the party ahead of Anambra State Governorship Election should desist forthwith from doing so as no one is bigger than the party’s constitution and manifesto.
The Northern Leaders have therefore arrived at the following resolutions:
(1) That the National Chairman of APGA, Chief Oye has done very well in the administration of the party affairs through prudent management of resources, team-player and credibility.
(2) That we cannot allow ourselves to be used as agents of destabilization in the party we have laboured so hard to build.
(3) That under the quality leadership of Dr. Oye, we won elections and became the only political party in Nigeria to own a permanent National Secretariat in Abuja – a feat that should be widely applauded.
(4) That the issue of zoning of the governorship slot to the South of Anambra State was a decision reached by the leadership of the party as far back as 2013. Therefore, the North should not be dragged into the local arrangements made for the smooth governance of Anambra State.
(5) That we will whatever is within our powers to stop any clandestine moves to subvert the interest of our party, which is beyond the parochial desire of a single individual.
That we unanimously pass a vote of confidence in our party’s National Leader, Chief Willie Obiano for his sterling leadership of the party affairs and the National Chairman, Ozonkpu Dr. Victor Ike Oye for his astute leadership.
Signed: Alh Adamu A, Deputy National Chairman North, for and on behalf of the Northern Leaders, including the 19 Northern State Chairmen of APGA
#COVID-19 is real